Thursday, February 2, 2012

Second Trip as a "Couponer"

I'm still riding the couponing train! I went shopping for the second time since I started doing this, and did wind up spending a little more this time than last, mainly because I am currently attempting to stockpile items like laundry detergent, body wash, bar soap, shampoo, and other things that don't have to be replaced often. I can now say that I think I have enough of all those items to last me SEVERAL months, if not a year. Of course, if I come across a "killer-of-a-deal" I will not hesitate to add to my collection, if I can find room for it all.
That brings me to my next topic (don't worry, I'll share my savings in a minute). SHELVES!!!! I've GOT to have some shelves. My small pantry is overflowing, the cabinets under my kitchen sink and bathroom sink, as well as one of my linen cabinets, and shelf in the laundry room are busting at the seams, and I'm not done shopping! My medicine cabinet is well on it's way to needing reworked because I just added eight large bottles of NYQUIL to our stock. I've already bought the brackets; I just have to get the shelving boards and I'm ready to install. I'm sure I'll get right on that. (HA HA!)
Okay, so for the biggest deal I've gotten as a couponer...
Like I said, I did spend a little more this time (a little over $300 on this bill), but I saved a whopping $276.26!!! That's right, I SAVED almost as much as I spent. It's not a 100 percent savings like some you see on T.V., but I'll take it!! What would've cost me nearly $600 dollars only cost me a little over $300 is not that bad, in my opinion, but I won't be spending that much on a regular basis, or my "saving money" will wind up costing more upfront. I'm wondering how often I'll have to go shopping to keep my shelves stocked... Guess we'll see.

No comments: