Sunday, February 26, 2012

Busy Bee

I'm the type that finds my favorite food at a restaurant and gets that same thing over and over again. I rarely try new things because I'm afraid that I won't like what I try and wish I had gotten "old faithful," whatever that may be at that particular restaurant. When it comes to decor, I'm the complete opposite. I am constantly wanting to paint, just to get a fresh background. I don't go all out and completely redo furniture, because I get attached to that, too. It takes a lot for me to let go of furniture, or anything for that matter, because I give everything sentimental value. It aggravates my husband to no end. He likes getting rid of everything. He'd rather throw something away than to clean it up. Not that he minds cleaning, he just don't see the need in having furniture that has no purpose. So far, we've put hardwood floors in the living room and hallway, and painted the kitchen, master bathroom, and the nursery twice.
I said all that to say that I have so many projects going right now: wainscoting in the second bathroom with a fresh coat of paint all over, repurpose Tucker's table and chairs, new furniture in the boys' bedroom, new artwork in the making for the bathroom, getting rid of all baby items (or at least all that I can stand to turn loose of), organizing and scaling down the amount of toys in the toy room, and getting items ready for my first try at a yard sale. All this on top of the normal day-to-day chores and bills, school plays and field trips, planning vacations, tax season, and the start of baseball season. This is a true example of a normal day in the life of a stay-at-home-mom. I think I stay busier now than I did when I worked!
Anyway, if I remembered to take "before" pictures, I'll try to post before/after pics. More than likely I forgot to do that, so I may just post "after" pics and leave the rest to your imagination, but believe me when I say, it was bad before.

1 comment:

kimberly t. bowling said...

Can't wait to see pics...even just after ones!