Friday, February 10, 2012

Local Deals

I'll be completely honest with you. I could barely tell you what day we received our local Piggly Wiggly's weekly ad paper in the mail. I would either throw it away immediately (as in standing directly over the trash can as I was going through our mail from that day), or sit it on the counter for a while before throwing it away without ever opening it. I usually only saw the ad on the front cover, and even then only saw half of it, since it was folded in half to fit in the mailbox. I figured I was gonna have to have certain products at a certain time, regardless of price, so why should I keep up with the sales? I thought it was a waste of time. How much could you really save, anyway? Well, I have definitely eat my words!! I had to go get a few things at Piggly Wiggly tonight (I'll total up my savings and post it later).
There were a lot more sales going on in the store, as well, that are not in their sale paper. I stocked up on my canned goods while I was there. Piggly Wiggly brand creamed corn, whole kernel corn, cut green beans, and french style green beans were all $0.59 each. I thought that was a great deal. Some of the items, like the "name-brand" items, had coupons, so I took advantage of the sale price, then used the coupon on top of that to come out even cheaper.
The Hamburger Helper is normally (It is either $2.71 or $2.17 each, so I may be a few cents off) $2.71 each + 9 percent tax. I bought six boxes, which would've been $17.72 without any sales or coupons. I bought them for $0.99 each, used two "$0.75 off three boxes" coupons which brought my total, including tax, to $4.84 for six boxes!! That's only $0.81 per box, including tax! I saved $12.88 on Hamburger Helper alone!

No comments: