Friday, November 6, 2009

Smashing Pumpkins

One of Jared's favorite parts of Halloween is getting rid of anything resembling Halloween. I know, it sounds awful, but I mean it in a good way. He likes to get rid of all Halloween candy by consumption, along with me and Ian helping. Ian also likes to help get rid of the painted pumpkins. We paint instead of carve, because they last longer. A good part of living out in the country is having hills and woods surrounding us. Ian and Jared both like smashing the pumpkins on the rocks that stick out of the hills behind our house. We live on top of a hill, so not only do they smash like they've been exploded, but the remaining pieces tumble down the hillside and a few actually get airborne. I definitely think this is gonna be a fun tradition in my house full of boys.

No comments: