Saturday, November 7, 2009

Ready, Set, Go!!!

I'm happy to announce that the games are back!! I'm talking about our wii. Ian has been testing our patience, with success, for about 2-3 months now. The only punishment that has worked was taking ALL toys and games away and making him earn them back one at the time. I'm talking dirt bikes, hot wheels, blocks, etc... All items were to be earned back by one toy a day, depending on how he acted that day. I know, it sounds a little strict for a kindergartener, but we were out of options. The only things he could have were paper, crayons, and books. It has worked great, and he has really done a lot better this week. The rules were: he could not earn video games until he had earned all other privileges back. Well, I'm happy to announce for him, that he has worked really hard and has officially earned back his wii. Other video games are to follow. But for now, let us rejoice in the fact that he acts like he just got his wii for the first time!!! He is so excited, and this little discipline trick is in my mental notes for the future.

1 comment:

Phillips Family said...

I will make a note of that as well for the future. :)