Saturday, December 3, 2011

That's how much?

I walk down the aisles, one by one, choosing which category in my head to put groceries: needs, wants, and absolutely not's. I imagine most of you out there do this very thing. This was supposed to be an "in-between" kinda trip, you know, the kind where you have to go back and get those knit-picky items you forgot when you were getting groceries a few days before. Strictly the needs category. My boys were being so good, and hadn't asked for a single thing, so when we were heading to check out and they asked for a soda in their nicest voices and most polite manners, how could I refuse? I decided to pay separately for them (not sure why), and OH MY GOSH!!! Have you ever payed for 3 - 20 oz. drinks by themselves? I'll have you know that 3, YES 3 drinks cost over $5!!! I'm so bad at grabbing a drink at checkout, because they're so convenient, and let's face it, right in your face when your leaving the store. I started thinking of how many 2 liter bottles I could buy for that same amount and how many times I could pour 20 oz. of soda. So I tell you all of this for a reason; not to gripe about money (although I admit, I am pretty frugal), but to say that I am now going to pay closer attention to every item that enters my buggy at the grocery store, and look for ways to cut costs. I have nothing against coupons, and if I was more organized or less forgetful, I'd definitely use them, but I've tried it, and can't seem to get the hang of it. If I find great deals or lots of bang-for-the-buck, I'll pass them along to you.

No comments: