Tuesday, December 22, 2009

One Proud Momma

I'm a little late with this post. I try not to brag too much about my boys, at least not out loud, but I have to document this somewhere. I am so very proud of my big kindergartener. Jared and I both are amazed. This little boy who, before school began, had no interest whatsoever in reading or writing anything other than his own name, has become very interested in both. He was one of twenty chosen by his principal out of the entire elementary school to participate in a rewarding day out. They were treated to a movie (A Christmas Carol in 3D), a Coke, popcorn, and a Happy Meal. To top it off, it was all paid for by hard work and dedication in school. Ian was chosen for "Highest Acedemics." As if that wasn't enough to make a momma cry, he was also chosen by his teacher to receive a red necklace with a green star charm that had a picture of a book and the word "READER" on it. He said it stands for "Highest Reader." I am so proud of my big boy. One of the two things that had me worried about him starting school was his attachment to his momma. The other: his uninterest in reading and writing. He has surprised Jared and me and made us the proudest parents in the world. We've got two wonderful boys. All the thanks and glory be to God!!!

1 comment:

kimberly t. bowling said...

WAY TO GO, IAN!! And you should brag on, mama..that's much to be proud of!!!