Thursday, March 4, 2010

Brotherly Understanding

I don't have any cute pictures to post this time, but I do have a cute little story I'd like to share with all of you. My youngest has definitely started developing his temper. He gets so mad over the least things. I had hoped he would be my calm one, but it seems he's not going to be. Anyway, to my story: We were riding home, and Tucker fell asleep about 10 minutes from the driveway. Apparently, 10 minutes is just enough to make him ILL!!! Ian was so sweet. He gave Tucker every toy in the toy bin, and Tucker would have nothing to do with any of them, and was doing that constant cry/whine (emphasis on the whine) that we all love so much. Ian didn't give up, and finally satisfied him with a Hot Wheels from his own overflowing collection of cars. This seemed to work for about 5 minutes, until Tucker lets out a spine-chilling scream, and chunks the car as hard as he can. Instead of Ian getting mad, he gently pats Tucker on the back and says, "I know how you feel, Tucker. sometimes I just have to throw stuff, too."

2 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Oh that is so sweet!

kimberly t. bowling said...

Sometimes I think I just need to throw a hot wheel car too!! :) but I guess that would be a bad parental choice on my part ;) loved the story, precious memories!