Thursday, October 22, 2009

"Where's My Sock?"

On the way home from school yesterday, Oct. 21, I looked at Ian, riding quietly in his booster seat, and noticed that only one sock was peeking out from under the bottom of his pants. I happened to already know that several of his classmates, and him, take their shoes off for nap time. But why was the sock gone? I asked him, and he said: "Momma, I had to take it off. That's the only way I could see my foot." In that "duh" moment, I was still just as puzzled, so I asked him again, this time more specific: "Ian. Why did you take your sock off to even look at your foot? And why didn't you put it back on?" "Because, Momma," he said,  "Melody couldn't see what I was showing her through my sock. And I don't know where my sock went."
The sock is still lost. So I think I've won the "Weirdest Item Lost at School" award. Can anybody else beat it? I'm calling you fellow bloggers out.


No comments: